Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mount Vernon, VA~ George Washington's Home


My friend Cece and her hubby came. We went on a Forest trail on George's estate and it was really pretty. It rained on us a little but the trees covered us! It was absolutely gorgeous there! So lush and green.

In the Estate Gardens. Very pretty.

Down at the Wharf. On the Potomac River. It was such perfect weather.
We really enjoyed it.

George's view from the back porch. I could live here any time!

Geoge's house. We took a tour of it. It has 21 bedrooms, the outside of the house was made of wood, but made to look like stone. George was so smart; he knew to rotate crops on the land, had this really creative way to get the grain to separate from the stalk in a circular barn. He had a lot of very good ideas. It was actually very interesting and we really like our visit to Mt. Vernon. I just loved being outside, on such beautiful land.
On our way there, there was this super cool trail that followed the road for miles, it was paved and I was so jealous that I can't go running on that. I would if we lived near it. Such an amazing place where we live! I am really enjoying Maryland. Virginia is great too! :)
Yesterday we celebrated the 4th Of July. We played at the pool, went to dinner, and then watched the National Fireworks over the Washington Monument, They were spectacular! So big, I have never seen some of the fireworks that they did. We had a great weekend! Me and my boys!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys are having quite the adventure! We totally should have gone to DC for the 4th! Mason is getting cuter by the second (you are too). Come back to Utah please!

    ReplyDelete